Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EM1Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but I've got a couple of questions regarding my lights. I basically inherited this 02 Yukon with all of its faults...one of them being missing light bulbs.

First off, does this button control these lights?
photo5-1.jpg
photo6-1.jpg

I tried to replace the bulbs in these lights, but one of the sockets was melted on the inside. Is there a better replacement option than the OEM sockets? Those jokers are like $60 a piece.

Last edited:

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are your daytime running lights they turn on automatically ALL THE TIME

Edit: you would have to remove the fuse labeled "DRL" to have them turn off. The button with the squiggly line and 3 dashes on it turns on your fog lights but it doesnt look like your yukon has them. SHould have them

OP
OP
EM1Pete

EM1Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, so I must be missing fog lights then? The light next to that button turns on when I push it, but nothing else happens.

My headlights turn on when they think it is dark outside independent of the headlight switch. Is that a stock feature?

Last edited:

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that button you circled in the first picture is for the fog lights. you dont have them on your Yukon, but if you have the button i think its suppose to have them (correct me if im wrong guys) If you look at the front end pic you have, you will notice 2 empty squares at the very bottom of the plastic valence thats attached to the chrome bumper on the bottom. thats where the fog lights are suppose to be.

OP
OP
EM1Pete

EM1Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, so I'm supposed to have fog lights (that I don't have), DRLs (that don't have bulbs and one socket is melted), and headlights that turn on when they think it's dark outside?

What can I replace the burnt out socket with so that it doesn't burn out again?

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure... id say go to a salvage yard and find you some sockets with wires and splice em. but thats just me, and get some fog lights on ebay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcutter004