Lighting Overhaul Questions - NOOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntgnalstn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've had my Tahoe for about a week now, and I want to start fixing it up, and searching these forums is great, but i'm totally confused on what's right and what's not.

So I want to do a complete lighting overhaul. Here's my questions.

1. I want to do HID's for lows. Which brand did you go with? V-LED's or HIDGUY or is there something better?

2. Should I be thinking about doing HID's for Highs as well? I see people saying that the performance isn't that great when they first start up.

3. I see people talking about Projectors. What do these really provide? Just a different look for the lighting? Does anyone have any pictures of before and after? Most of the posts i'm reading are for older Tahoe's. I'm looking for something between 07-11.

4. I want to replace my reverse lights, but I see people talking about LED's and HID's.
A. Which ones are better?
B. Do they burn the plastic?
C. What is the right ones to buy to get the maximum amount of brightness without any melting?
D. I see people talking about a relay switch to turn them on when you're driving. I love this. Where did you mount your toggle switch?

5. Indoor lights need to be brighter.
A. Are these easy to swap out?
B. I have the part numbers, but which ones to buy?

6. Fog Lights.
A. Is just going with a LED Bulb ok?
B. I am not sure if people do HID in the Fogs or just do LED. I've seen these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6000...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_11487wt_909

Last edited:

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've had my Tahoe for about a week now, and I want to start fixing it up, and searching these forums is great, but i'm totally confused on what's right and what's not.

So I want to do a complete lighting overhaul. Here's my questions.

1. I want to do HID's for lows. Which brand did you go with? V-LED's or HIDGUY or is there something better?

2. Should I be thinking about doing HID's for Highs as well? I see people saying that the performance isn't that great when they first start up.

3. I see people talking about Projectors. What do these really provide? Just a different look for the lighting? Does anyone have any pictures of before and after? Most of the posts i'm reading are for older Tahoe's. I'm looking for something between 07-11.

4. I want to replace my reverse lights, but I see people talking about LED's and HID's.
A. Which ones are better?
B. Do they burn the plastic?
C. What is the right ones to buy to get the maximum amount of brightness without any melting?
D. I see people talking about a relay switch to turn them on when you're driving. I love this. Where did you mount your toggle switch?

5. Indoor lights need to be brighter.
A. Are these easy to swap out?
B. I have the part numbers, but which ones to buy?

6. Fog Lights.
A. Is just going with a LED Bulb ok?
B. I am not sure if people do HID in the Fogs or just do LED. I've seen these.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6000...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_11487wt_909

Welcome to the forum, everyone has been touched on thousands of times so ill try to keep it short. Get DDM slim ballast lows and fogs and the light will be such an improvement youll never use your highs so wont need them HID. Not sure on projectors for th NNBS, might want to post in the 2007+ section of forum. Interior lightsing is just a bulb so switching out is easy, search for the LED interior list and switch em for LED.For reverse lights get the PIAA 3157 bulb i believe it is and will be plenty bright. hope some of this helped

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts