Lifted Denali with pics and question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have an '04 Denali w/ 285/70/17 on oem denali 17's... I rub in the back on bumps and turns with uneven drives. I have NO LIFT if you got some spacers on the rear and 2 "keys you'll still have a clearance issue unless you run a factory wide tire or get diff wheels with a closer to center offset or spacers (wheel spacers are not recommended) throws balance out. You'd have to bean bag the tire with no weights and that'll destroy the TPMS. Ill take pictures of my clearances. My wheels I ordered are 0 offset and I'm run a 275/60/20 until I do my superlift 6" which IIRC reuses the oem knuckles and drops the steering and diff and reuses rear factory shocks with relocation brackets and installing a double shock hoop on the front.

2005denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cranking keys whether they be stock or aftermarket will change the angles and will ride rough regardless. The amount cranked is what will ultimately affect thr ride quality. I have my stock keys cranked 1" and ride quality change was minimal

Even if everyone is doing it...it will still be a very stiff ride. People's opinion on if it is too rough or acceptable is what will vary. I use to have just 2" coil pacers on my gmc Sierra and I will NEVER again do something like that. I don't mind a firm ride but it was brutal. Many will claim that it rides like a "truck" but to me it rode like a truck with fixed suspension that had no travel.

This is all my opinion. There will be plenty that disagree
I have a 2005 denali. Cranking the torsion keys does not affect the ride. The torsion bar will have the same torsion no matter what angle its at. What affects the ride is the shock location after you move the torsion angle. For instance I lowered mine 3 inches in the front just with the torsions and it rides just like stock because I got different shocks. Keeping the same shocks will pinch them too tight and cause less travel resulting in stiff ride. Just my 2 cents..thanks.

Yukon04

Reaction score
Im shooting for something like these. Either stock keys cranked or aftermarket keys just not fully cranked. Will my CV angles and everything be ok with the stock keys cranked? Also Im gonna pull of the running boards (Even though people give a lot of flack for this) and run either 33's or 35's. Will I have any rubbing issues?

Also am I better off just cranking the stock keys or getting aftermarkets? If I crank the stock ones too far will my angles suffer to the point that i should have just got aftermarket keys? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Could I use a 4WD Tahoe 3'' front spindle lift?

Heres mine I used the leveling kit with 2.5 spacer cranked not even half way up, and the rough country 6" non torsion drop kit.
During lifting...
65549_599380186754812_1846313733_n.jpg

551299_630076133685217_797136596_n.jpg

I personally didnt think cranking the keys made it ride rough or adding the leveling kit with shock extensions I also think people who complain about the ride on a truck or lifted suv need to get a car.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ewww selectable 4x4 t-case swap. Dats neat :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia