Levelling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do me a favor and try cranking up your stock keys before you spend money on after market keys. The OBS trucks typically have enough indexing on the keys to crank to the droop stops which is too far. I got 1.5" out of mine and could get double that if I really hated my front end.

So crank the front up and see if it gives the look you are after.

Adding a block to the back will not level the truck. My guess is that the front of your truck is at least 1" lower than the rear.

If you do need blocks summit sells them for pretty cheap I think.

OP
OP
destroyer1362

destroyer1362

A work in progress
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, should be easier than pulling the oem ones out. I'm just considering blocks to avoid cali-lean.. It looks retarded

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that when you are truely level at each corner it still looks raked. I feel that 1" taller in the front makes it look perfectly level.

evans99hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rough country 2 inch block kit from jc whitney is like 56 bucks and i agree with bowtiefreak.. Crank it and it will be good.. and then ALIGN IT

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the keys instead of cranking and wouldnt do it different if i had the choice, my ride is smoother now than it was before in my opinion it was definitely worth the $100 for the keys. I put the 2in block in the rear but you could always just get an extra leaf from the junkyard and put it in to get your lift for dirt cheap.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keys do not effect the ride quality. A differently indexed key is the same thing as cranking, you are simply loading up the torsion bar more.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
I bought the keys instead of cranking and wouldnt do it different if i had the choice, my ride is smoother now than it was before in my opinion it was definitely worth the $100 for the keys. I put the 2in block in the rear but you could always just get an extra leaf from the junkyard and put it in to get your lift for dirt cheap.

As stated above you did crank your torsion bars by adding those indexed keys.

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99COOP and bowtiefreak yall are right, it is the same thing. All im saying is that i bought keys and my ride is good and ive rode in trucks who just cranked theirs bars and the ride is shit.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
99COOP and bowtiefreak yall are right, it is the same thing. All im saying is that i bought keys and my ride is good and ive rode in trucks who just cranked theirs bars and the ride is shit.

Thats the same thing. The only thing is, you cranked yours more.

Think of it this way

Stock keys will turn the bar 10 degs. for example
Leveling keys will turn the bar 20 degs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts