Leveled with 285's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

15tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are 18" which were hard to find on a well equipped LT.

I know the larger rims are more desirable to most people. But for me 18" is plenty big enough and gives it nice soft ride.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

49fleetline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think that looks perfect, Tom. I, too, feel the 18s are just right with the right amount of sidewall and a comfy ride. We're riding on oem 17s right now, but hope to find 18s down the line when its time to buy new tires. Does the computer need to be recalibrated for the increase in diameter? If so, how does one go about doing this?

OP
OP

15tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As for the chrome to black - totally agree, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to start taking off the body molding on a new vehicle. Maybe I'll think about it more once it gets a little older.

For the question about recalibrating the computer:

The technically correct answer is that you should have the computer recalibrated for the larger tires. This should change the shift points, speedometer, etc... I'm not very familiar with new vehicles, but in the past you would have a scanner hooked up to a port under the dashboard to make the change.

The reality of it is that the change is so small, I never bother with the computer change. The speedometer difference is so small it's almost not noticeable at all and the shifting seems fine to me.

So I guess it's really up to the individual whether or not to make the change.

One thing I did need to change however was the headlight adjustment. Once you lift the front and put on bigger tires, the headlights will be too high and you blind other drivers if you don't adjust them down a bit.

Hard to believe that 18" rims are the smallest rim you can get now. Maybe I'm just an old timer, but I still remember when 18" rims for exotic sports cars. Now they're just the base model rim. It took me a while to actually find the "smaller" rims while still getting most of the options I wanted.

Thanks for the compliments, for the most part I really like the 2015. GM did a great job on the interior upgrades. I'm still trying to like the exterior more than the last generation. But I suspect it will grow on me just like they did back in 2007.

MarkD51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, he's got too much "black" already. Black on black on black on black, no good.

You need some contrast, something to set the vehicle off.

Me, I'll never buy black again in this lifetime, a PITA to keep clean, and can't even get in them in the summer., AC straining to cool you.

The vehicle looks beautiful, I wish you the very best enjoyment with it.

Does Hypertech have something for him? (re-programmer?)

Last edited:
OP
OP

15tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ha! Guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Both my vehicles are black.

Maybe the chrome will grow on me, but it just seems too busy. Chrome around the window trim, gold colored badges, and brushed aluminum wheels. That chrome somehow looks a little out of place to me.

But maybe I'm just used to the black window trim on my Avalanche, and the chrome will grow on me.

That's what's great about customizing your ride; everyone has different tastes.

Thanks for the compliment!

Attachments

• 20140607_160922.jpg
    20140607_160922.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 20140607_153305.jpg
    20140607_153305.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 172