Let's see y'alls sound systems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 jbl gt5 12's downfire in 5.5 sealed downfire. Running on a memphis 1k. Carpet was given to me, doesn't match but better than bare wood. Can still load up the back without fear of something destroying a sub.

20161006_125914.jpg 20161006_124240.jpg

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's kind of funky with a burb or xl like mine. I don't use my 3rd row so my subs are all the way against the 2nd row. Down fire is the best setup for this location. I have tried up, down, foreward and rear firing here and down was the best. Also tried it all directions right against the rear window... rear fire was the best there... but I use my yukon and didn't want a huge box there and have to try to put everything I load in between the box and the back seat.

So downfire against the 2nd row was my best option. Cabin gain plays havoc with it though. Kicks ass on 40+hz, decent 40-20hz...

Rear fire against the 2nd row was 20-40hz beat hard, and over 40 was eh... so I'm going to try subs down and ports rear and see what happens.

It sucks but I use my yukon and frequently load the rear full so I get my bass and cargo area...

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK that is legit. nice work so far. how do you plan on covering it ?

Simply going to do some dark gray carpet to closely match the interior. As you can see, the rear carpet is stained from use by the previous owner. I really don't care, as I usually have my portable table saw, 6 tool boxes, a bucket of screws and shims, and whatever else is necessary for the day's work (I'm a General Contractor and a subcontractor for Lowe's).

Will be tinting the windows soon, quoted $260 by the best local shop for the four doors, rear quarter glass, rear hatch window and the strip across the windshield. I don't want my gear stolen.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Simply going to do some dark gray carpet to closely match the interior. As you can see, the rear carpet is stained from use by the previous owner. I really don't care, as I usually have my portable table saw, 6 tool boxes, a bucket of screws and shims, and whatever else is necessary for the day's work (I'm a General Contractor and a subcontractor for Lowe's).

Will be tinting the windows soon, quoted $260 by the best local shop for the four doors, rear quarter glass, rear hatch window and the strip across the windshield. I don't want my gear stolen.
Nice, can't wait to see it finished. Thats a good gig contracting through lowes.

Btw everyone here should feel lucky on tint prices.
4 doors, 2 rear windows, hatch window, and a brow would run about $400+ up here in Alaska. every shops excuse is.......wait for it......they say it covers shipping charges.:laughing1:.

I HATE this place with all my heart and soul, can't wait to leave, hopefully in a year or two.:nono:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts