Led's or hid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kerr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I picked up a 16 Denali today to replace the 11.

I've been trolling the forums and seems like everyone is running the led fogs, tag, and reverse lights in the 5-6k range to match color of the led strips ( half angle eyes? Heck I don't know to call them). I just want to hit rig of the "gold" bulbs compared to the low beam hid and the day time running things.

So my question is this ( if it's been discussed just show me a link please)

If one does the LED in the high and fogs do those put out enough light to see with or is the HID still the way to go? Only first had experience I have with leds is in off road light bars. Which on those are total over kill. The ones on the suburban are 5 or 7 watt Cree, but they are dual row 52" bars, and well I put two on there so it's like 200 LEDs or the sun lol

GlensHOE718

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I picked up a 16 Denali today to replace the 11.

I've been trolling the forums and seems like everyone is running the led fogs, tag, and reverse lights in the 5-6k range to match color of the led strips ( half angle eyes? Heck I don't know to call them). I just want to hit rig of the "gold" bulbs compared to the low beam hid and the day time running things.

So my question is this ( if it's been discussed just show me a link please)

If one does the LED in the high and fogs do those put out enough light to see with or is the HID still the way to go? Only first had experience I have with leds is in off road light bars. Which on those are total over kill. The ones on the suburban are 5 or 7 watt Cree, but they are dual row 52" bars, and well I put two on there so it's like 200 LEDs or the sun lol

When I first got my truck, I opted for the HIDs as the LED's weren't an option at that time. When the LED's came out, I swapped and I must say .. its a HUGE difference. The LED's are good for the fact that they do not put out any heat like the HIDs do. So they definitely are summer time friendly. And almost triple the brightness. Its a nice clean sweep of lighting. The only thing is, if the headlights are panoramic, you will lose a great percentage of your brightness right there.

I'd definitely go for the LED's.

65f2b2c889d06f5d2093cf3fbf44b7c2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts