LED Headlight Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't see it actually working. Just like putting a pnp hid kit in a stock halogen light. All kinds of messed up output.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
There's a guy on gmtnation, dfwiz or something, that sells LED headlights. They're $80 for a set and are 600 lumens brighter than HIDs. I actually have seen them in person at night and they were great.

Sent from Tapatalk

bret04yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did a search but didn't come up with much, has anyone ever tried something like these?

http://www.gtrlighting.com/led-headlight-9006-conversion-kit-2-200-lumen-bulbs/

Thinking about giving the a shot but looking to see if there are any horror stories out there

The guys are right, save your time and spend your money more wisely, buy OEM Denali headlights and do a morimoto h1 HID swap or a tsx swap. That's what I'm doing, bought the supplies just don't have the time, DenaliAK on here is a genius.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6151

I saved a few bucks by purchasing OEM denali headlights with broken mounts, (easy fixes) and one of them was hazed pretty bad, but 3M headlight restorer restored it to new! Do the DenaliAk projector upgrade(link above), the OEM halogen plastic projectors will melt with the high temperature of the HID.

OP
OP
Stam2000

Stam2000

Reaction score
Thanks all. Guess I'll stick with what I have for now

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped mine out for the Depo projectors and went with a DDM tuning 55w 6000k kit. Am I good to go to LED with my current projectors? I'm tired of the warm up time and I live in the sticks. I'd like a little more light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts