LED bumper lights? Hyper white. N-E one have em?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbi83

Reaction score
are these the bumper lights with just the white leds? or are these the ones with the amber leds also?? and they still blink like normal right?

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, i was just about to ask if you had got them yet. Somehow i missed the update on this. idk... Sorry... ha ha

but looks really good. Nice night shots... matches good to your headlights. (their not hids are they) still looks good though..

How did you get a drl shot at nite w/o the headlights on.. . I tired, but didnt work..

Thanks Tahoe. My DRLs turn on whenever I unlock the car, so I just hit the unlock button to turn them on. I originally wanted to disable them, but now it's not so bad with the hyperwhites

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

are these the bumper lights with just the white leds? or are these the ones with the amber leds also?? and they still blink like normal right?

Yeah, LED bumper lights all white. No amber at all. White DRLs, white parking lights, white blinkers. Just plug it in and you're set.

Everything works like it's supposed to. If it blinks super fast, it's probably because you reversed the wires. Make sure black connects to black and you'll be good.

And as almost everyone does with new lights, i put silicone all around it so water doesnt get in. About $130 shipped off eBay

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tahoe. My DRLs turn on whenever I unlock the car, so I just hit the unlock button to turn them on. I originally wanted to disable them, but now it's not so bad with the hyperwhites

yeah, thats true, guess i never pay attention at nite. just get in and go. lol

kbi83

Reaction score
i guess it ranges from state to state, but i believe you cant have white lights as ur turn signal here

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

oh just curious are these plug-n-play? or do u have to cut off the harness an wire in the leds?

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess it ranges from state to state, but i believe you cant have white lights as ur turn signal here

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

oh just curious are these plug-n-play? or do u have to cut off the harness an wire in the leds?

Kbi83, that is correct. It varies from state to state. Here is Cali's vehicle code on turn signals:

"V C Section 24953 Turn Signal Lamps
Turn Signal Lamps
24953. (a) Any turn signal system used to give a signal of intention to turn right or left shall project a flashing white or amber light visible to the front and a flashing red or amber light visible to the rear. "

So we're good white either white or ambers, and mine is white.

And yes, it is plug n play. No cutting or anything else like that. It comes with an attached transformer(?) or small box-like thing that can be tucked behind the bumper lights, or it has a sticky back to stick it on something. It's as easy as that.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kbi83, that is correct. It varies from state to state. Here is Cali's vehicle code on turn signals:

"V C Section 24953 Turn Signal Lamps
Turn Signal Lamps
24953. (a) Any turn signal system used to give a signal of intention to turn right or left shall project a flashing white or amber light visible to the front and a flashing red or amber light visible to the rear. "

So we're good white either white or ambers, and mine is white.

And yes, it is plug n play. No cutting or anything else like that. It comes with an attached transformer(?) or small box-like thing that can be tucked behind the bumper lights, or it has a sticky back to stick it on something. It's as easy as that.

yeah just check with your local laws. Im not even sure about texas, and honestly dont care until that i cross that point in time. To many other things to worry about. ha ha..

But as polo stated, yeah plug and play. real easy to do, takes maybe 15 mins. the first time, then you'll be able to do both sides in 5 min or less.

The box is the resistor so it doesnt flash fast. Did you stick yours to anything polo. I just shoved mine in behind it all.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep just as you did. Didnt bother with the sticky pad. Just stuck it back behind the bumper lights. There's a nice little spot in the 03 tahoe that's snug enough to hold it in place without moving around or rattling. Think I'll just leave it like that as I dont see any problems with it.

Yeah, DRLs always come on when you unlock your car and stay on. Every time I got in i would automatically turn off the DRLs. I hated the OEM color. But now with the white, I kinda dont mind it.

Gonna do a projector retrofit real soon and put some HIDs in the lows and fogs.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna do a projector retrofit real soon and put some HIDs in the lows and fogs.

let me know if you do that. Im trying to get some tsx's from a friend and do that to mine. but just the lows

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
word. will definitely take pics. wont be anytime soon though. maybe next month.

i heard tsxs are decent, but if you are getting them from a friend, that's a deal. if you were to buy, id say go with something else. Matt from TRS suggests morimoto minis or fx-r. hope you wont have any problems with fitment with the tsx. as you already know, there's not much room behind the housing in our tahoes

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
word. will definitely take pics. wont be anytime soon though. maybe next month.

i heard tsxs are decent, but if you are getting them from a friend, that's a deal. if you were to buy, id say go with something else. Matt from TRS suggests morimoto minis or fx-r. hope you wont have any problems with fitment with the tsx. as you already know, there's not much room behind the housing in our tahoes

yeah i dont plan on it anytime soon either. Hes got em, but i havent heard anything from him, he's more a friends friend... but im not stressing it. if i get em i do, but would be nice...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omastylie75