Knock sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have an intermittent problem. Mine did the same thing but would only stay off for a few days. Needed to do the intake gasket anyway. When I took out the sensors, the front one looked good but the rear one not so much. It had a light coat of crusted rust around the base and the mounting block for it had some corrosion on it. This all lead to a poor electrical/intermittent connection. My guess is you'll need to replace it soon. Do the intake gasket at the same time along with a new wiring harness for the sensors and call it a day.
The job looks more intimidating then it really is. Took me a day to do that, change out the belts and tensioners, replace upper and lower radiator hoses along with antifreeze. And I was really taking my time. That and the 40 mins I spent looking foe the purge valve gasket that dropped somewhere along the line.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to replace mine as well. It was intermittent but mostly on and was draining me of about 1.5 mpg. I had my guy do it because I hate sitting on top of my engine trying to work on it. $300+ parts. I had him do the intake gaskets both sensors and the wire just to be safe. The front one was good tho. But I recommend doing the wire as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RachelJWalker

RachelJWalker

Reaction score
Ok I did both Knock sensors and wiring Harness on sunday and today yet again I get the same code PO327 (Bank 1) so I guess I get to go back in this weekend but the good news is it is all cleaned up

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rachel, what brand sensors did you use? I used the AC Delcos and had no issues. I have heard of problems with other brands. Just an FYI.

OP
OP
RachelJWalker

RachelJWalker

Reaction score
Unfortunately I read that a little too late and I put in BWD. so I will be going back in this weekend I went to the dealer today and bought AC Delcos and a harness also another intake gasket. this time I will install the zipper. LOL So anyway although I head many having problems with aftermarket what do you think the chances are the exact same one threw the code as the original sensors. Don't get me wrong I will be replacing these I would feel a lot better if by chance the BWD brand threw the right bank code instead of the left bank code.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
If it only lasted for a week and has not reared its ugly head since, I'd chalk it up to crappy gas. You'd be amazed what kind of crap stations sell and get away with. If it was an active code and stayed active, I'd suspect the knock sensors.

I say roll with the BWD's and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879