Knock sensor replacement help....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Ok so im getting the standard " my engine got wet to many times" knock sensor CEL on my truck. Its been on for over 6 months now, so i dont think its going away anytime soon.

I want to replace the sensors, but noone seems to have a good writeup from what ive seen.

I am more than willing to tackle the project and do a write up, but im trying to compile all the necessary parts to do the job before i tear my truck apart and have no other transportation.

So far, all i know i need for sure is:

2 x knock sensors
1 x knock sensor harness
1 x tube of silicone

i am not sure of any other parts, or if the intake manifold gaskets are the reuseable type or if i need those as well.

any help would be great

thanks in advance

Gordy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
knock sensor

Have you tried to clear the code? Did you wash the engine when then the code appeared.

I say this because I got the same codes after washing my engine. I cleared the codes, and after a couple of tries its never came back. I have an 01 with 125k on it.

Just rying to save the hassle.

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Have you tried to clear the code? Did you wash the engine when then the code appeared.

I say this because I got the same codes after washing my engine. I cleared the codes, and after a couple of tries its never came back. I have an 01 with 125k on it.

Just rying to save the hassle.

I cleared the code more times than i can remember ( i carry a code scanner in the truck ) and it keeps coming back.

I offroad the hell out of this truck, it sees alot of water crossings, some at the hood level, so its probably just about time to replace them
one to many water entries i guess.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a tahoe knock senors are like fuel pumps its just a matter of time tell yours goes bad

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will definately want to replace the intake gaskets, you can leave the throttle body installed so you don't need to replace that gasket. You can also leave the fuel rail/injectors installed if you disconnect the fuel line or you can take it off and swing it out of the way and not disconnect the line. If you take it off make sure to lube the injector seals with some silicone lube to keep from rolling/tearing them going back together. Spend the money now and go with all GM parts so you don't have to do it again any time soon (if ever).

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
You will definately want to replace the intake gaskets, you can leave the throttle body installed so you don't need to replace that gasket. You can also leave the fuel rail/injectors installed if you disconnect the fuel line or you can take it off and swing it out of the way and not disconnect the line. If you take it off make sure to lube the injector seals with some silicone lube to keep from rolling/tearing them going back together. Spend the money now and go with all GM parts so you don't have to do it again any time soon (if ever).

sounds like exactly what im going to do. Nothing but delco stuff gets put on my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364