knock sensor code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfpty5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The check engine light came on a couple weeks ago on my yukon xl. it goes off sometimes, but late comes back on. I took it to autozone to read the code and they said it was both knock sensors not communicating. Has anyone else had this issue? What should I check before removing the manifold to replace the sensors? I have a 2003 yukon xl 5.3 flex fuel. Thanks.

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can check their Harness plug on the drivers side of intake. I just replaced mine about a month ago. Its a good idea to replace the knock sensor harness also.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the knock sensors are just like the fuel pumps on the tahoe's sooner or later they will go bad. You will need 2 knock sensors, the harness and head gaskets

slocaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he meant intake gaskets, wich even though they are supposed to be re-useable it is better to replace.

dang i type slow

OP
OP
J

jfpty5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. How can you tell if the intake gasket is the updated one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts