Keeping cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to try this. Mines 06 with digital hvac. I, too, have no rear heat. Just blows cold. I assumed actuator, but its pretty expensive.

Give it a shot - nothing to lose, it worked for me. It has worked all day. I will see what happens tomorrow. :)

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!

So everything has been fine since I reset it...until I stopped at home depot to pick up some stuff for my Parent's house. Got in, and the air was no longer coming out of the ceiling! I tried every setting to get it back, no dice. Did ANOTHER reset, working fine now. I am thinking I need to replace the "ACDelco 15-73506 GM Original Equipment Air Conditioning Control Module." I ordered one from Amazon and never returned it, you guys think I should install it?

Let me remind you, my truck is a little weird, the memory mirrors flip up and around when I just insert the key, 2004 Tahoe Z71 here, and the drivers seat only started working again after a good grounding and leaving the battery disconnected for 30 minutes. Do you guys think I just have a screw electronic system or just need this module?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you might have a bad ground somewhere and it's causing some things to lose power momentarily which would then need a reset procedure to work correctly again but that's just my best guess. I would look up info on all the main grounds and check them all. There's plenty of info out there on grounds on our trucks, they have been known to have issues like this from grounds corroding or coming loose. I don't know where they all are myself so I'm not much help there.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM modules are sensitive to batteries going bad. I have had electrical problems with 3 GM vehicles I have owned that were fixed by replacing the battery. I have known other GM owners with similar problems. Examples of strange symptoms: mirrors, dash, radio, havc controls malfunctions, transmission flare. In each case the batteries tested ok. In each case when the batteries were replaced, the problems went away. Probably intermittent internal connection problems were the cause.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could be the case, sounds about right. It seems to start and charge well though, hmm.It has an interstate battery in it that "looks" fairly new, but they did not rip off the date stickers so I have no idea!:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

I may replace the battery, gotta get a new one in my wife's camry first though - its been 4 years and I just don't trust a battery that long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk