just quit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjol

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
99 Tahoe was running fine, was on the freeway lifted off the throttle and the engine shut off, hit the key and it fired and ran fine for about 10 min then did the same thing again, hit the key , it fired and made it home with no other problems.. No codes showing..
Thanks in advance for any help............. Mike

Last edited:

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

My fuel pump went out and kept blowing fuses, but with yours starting again it wouldnt be a fuse but maybe a weak pump?

gmdrvr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck also died while going down the highway a couple years ago. I had to pull off the road with no power steering or brakes. After I pulled over I tried to start it and it started right up like nothing was wrong, however when I got back on the road it died again when I got up to 10 mph. I figured out that if I push the gas to much it dies so I had to feather the gas pedal at 10 mph to go 5 miles down the road to the GM dealer.

It ended up that it was the fuel pump so you might want to get yours checked so you don't get stranded somewhere.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if it was a weak pump it would run at idling and stall or run really rough at higher speed because the fuel could not keep up with a weak fuel output where more fuel is used the faster the engine is running.

laredo1307

Reaction score
Mine does this when I'm getting really low on gas. We're you on empty?

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine with a 97' Z71 had a similar problem. his would do the same thing, but wouldn't restart right away. His problem turned out to be the fuel pump relay. It looked like it had been getting VERY hot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19