just ordered new wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of Classic II's as well!! I hope you're having them clear coated or painted (clear) if you want to keep them clean.

I'm not sure if you have ever had raw polished alum rims before, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep them looking new...even if you wash, wax and polish them every wkd.

I personally went with a set of Gorilla locking, they have a nice set that isn't very long.

Here is a quote from MT's website to help with the type you need:
Top quality lug nuts with a 60 deg. conical bulge seat area should be used. (Gorilla and McGard are two popular name brands.) Once you have selected your lug nut of choice, we suggest that you torque them to the factory recommendation (OE). Consult your owner's manual for proper torque. Mickey Thompson also requires you to re-torque our wheels after 100 miles.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I think this is the set i ordered:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-91984/?rtype=10

I like them b/c the locking lugs look identical to the others and are only slightly taller and do not have the open ends.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I would seriously recommend have them clear "powder coated" prior to mounting them...

Check out powder coaters in your area, should be <$100 per wheel. You have aluminum rims, so they MUST use a low temp powder. Any powder that melts near 400 F will be too high and will alter the structual integrity of the rim. Not all powder coaters takes this into account, so ask prior.

A less expensive, but still good option, is a two-stage clear paint specifically for applications such as rims. I've seen systems for around $65 that will cover both rims.

But again, i highly recommend you do this prior to mounting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84