Just a Pioneer double din install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did this over the weekend. It's a Pioneer AVH-X490BS double din with a Esky EC170-11 backup camera and PAC radio interface and steering wheel adapters. The hardest part about the entire thing I think was running the video feed for the back up camera. On to some pics!

Got this kit off of eBay. I thought it had everything I needed. I was wrong. Didn't include the the steering wheel controls interface. That came from Amazon.
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Before Pic:
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

All the connections are soldered and heat shrinked.
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

I put a USB connector in the dash and the aux cable in the glove compartment since it won't get used much I don't think.
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

And done. Backup camera comes on when it's put in reverse. DVDs play when i want them to play and everything seems to work well with the stock Bose amp.
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

fig865

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You clearly have some experience (basic mechanical, soldering and such). Can you say how long this took you? And on a scale from 1-10 (10 being most difficult, wouldn't do again) how would you rate the project? I ask because I'm planning on doing this to my Yukon with pretty much the same setup you have and want an idea of what I'm getting into. Or should I price it out to have it done? TIA

OP
OP
jaywoo65

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a little time consuming but nothing hard. It comes with all the instructions you would need. That and a youtube video or two. I'd rate it maybe a 3 on a 1-10 for how hard to do I guess, but as a disclaimer, I was in the Air Force for 9 years and worked Avionics on C-130s.

Check eBay, there are a bunch of sellers that have pretty complete kits for our trucks (minus the backup camera, steering wheel control adapter and USB bulkhead harness. Amazon came in handy for that.

92slammer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks good...i used the PAC RP5-GM11 kit...has everything you need. Just wished i was able to play dvd/media on the pioneer and play it directly on the rear screen without using rca cables. i got the Pioneer 4200nex....has android auto/apple play

OP
OP
jaywoo65

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda wanted one with Apple play but they were more $$$ than I was willing to pay for it. This one does what I want it to do.

warndogg

Reaction score
looks good...i used the PAC RP5-GM11 kit...has everything you need. Just wished i was able to play dvd/media on the pioneer and play it directly on the rear screen without using rca cables. i got the Pioneer 4200nex....has android auto/apple play

I just ordered the same HU and PAC kit. I have a question: were you able to use the existing Onstar mic for Bluetooth/phone or did you mount the one Pioneer bundles with the HU?

thindiesel

Reaction score
have u downloaded the app radio apps? there r tons of cool features that can b used..... including google maps, youtube videos.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar