Jumped on the HD hood bandwagon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04charcoalhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hood looks great! im about to do mine as well. (not tryibng to thread jack) but im sure this question has been beat to death already. No other parts (hood latch, rad support) is needed to swap the hoods right? The body shop where my tahoe is at said GM told them they needed a different radiator support so the hood latches??? Direct replacement i thought? Thanks again and prob another hoe thats gonna have HD hood soon..

04charcoalhoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok cool thanks for the quick reply, yea mine will be a factory hood since insurance is paying for it so i should have no problems... sweet!! cant wait thanks again

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

sorry got one more question. do you also need to buy a new heat deflector pad that goes under the hood or does the original one fit the HD hoods aslso?

OP
OP
N

nitronostrils

Reaction score
The body shop where my tahoe is at said GM told them they needed a different radiator support so the hood latches???

To me that shop has no idea what they are talking about:

1. the latch is bolted on so it can be adjusted up/down, the stiker can be adjusted w/a BFH with a couple of wacks.
2. Shims in the hinges
3. Adjust to bumpstops so the latch/striker don't rattle and holds the hood secure.
4. Find different shop.
5. Thanks for the compliments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper