Is this lift worth 2200?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a lift that big would I have to change out the drive shaft?? I know jeeps not full size rigs lol. Also would it put more stress on my steering components?

Sickblutahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes chances are your gonna have to change your front and rear drivelines with a lift that high. And as far as you wondering about your other suspension and steering parts wearing out faster yes they will wear out faster then normal it's a given factor that plays in when you lift an IFS truck.

OP
OP
X

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry but after seeing those pics save your money and do a Solid Front Axle Swap. (that big of an IFS lift looks stupid IMO)

front bumper is from kennesaw Mountain, but they just changed the name/site to "Tactical Armor Group"

http://www.tacticalarmorgroup.com/T...72/List/1/Level/a/ProductID/1813/Default.aspx

Yea I have been looking hard at do the SAS and for the price of this I can do that instead. Thanks for the link for the bumper too. I will be getting one very soon. On yours if you wanted to add anything to it from them what would you add, if anything?? If anyone is looking for a lift that big I can give you the guys number (we both work for the same company). Send me a PM and ill pass the info on to him.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally love how ifs looks lifted and those pics are sexy to me, and as far as wearing stuff out.. sure.. but driving style and wheel width have as much if not more to do with it than the left itself.. a 4 inch lift on stock parts is going to beat on parts WORSE than a 6 inch lift on drop down brackets is all im sayin..

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would i add anything to the bumper? i added some temp. mounting brackets to hold my daylighteres between the bars above the winch mount. when i get some free time this summer going to bust out the welder and weld up a tripple light mount for it. would be nice if the light pockets on the sides were boxed in, tires throw mud/salt/etc up in the bumper/lights. still need to pick up a winch for it sometime soon.

the plan is to pick up a decked out rear swing away carrier (multicarrier) from them and throw a roof rack/lights on top. should be able to house everything i could think of on them.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a whiplash lift, more commonly called "whipcrash" and "whiptrash". Go over to GMfullsize and search them, many people fear those lifts. I can't say because I never used one. Do some searching about them though.

As for price, not bad. BUT you WILL need new front CV shaft, rear CV shaft, much longer front and rear brake lines, ABS sensor wires, wheels, tires, exhaust mod, gears and master install kits. Are you installing yourself? Just try to understand that the parts I listed above without install could be around $6500ish to do it right. install on top of that could be another 2-3K with the gears. it's a big task.

I'd like to add that anything over 35-36" tires is bad for the little 10 bolt and teh front IFS will tear itself apart just trying to turn big wide tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019