Interior lights not staying on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im having an issue with my interior lights not coming on when the doors are open. I also am not able to use my map lights by depressing the buttons. I can turn all my lights on via the dimmer switch. All the lights will come on when I push the unlock button on my FOB. Is there a fuse that might be causing the light issue?

Im more concerned at night when I open the doors that the lights do not come on. Ive made sure the button next to the dimmer is pressed for the lights to come on.

Thanks

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried opening any of the other doors to see if they will trigger the lights to come on? Does your door ajar alarm still yell at you when you have the driver door open and put it into gear? Or does the radio turn off when you turn the ignition off and open the driver door?

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray some contact cleaner in the door latches. The switches are integrated into them. I have had the issue before on all 3 GMT800 trucks I have had, and spraying contact cleaner or wd-40 has always fixed it.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spray some contact cleaner in the door latches. The switches are integrated into them. I have had the issue before on all 3 GMT800 trucks I have had, and spraying contact cleaner or wd-40 has always fixed it.

lol They’re horrible for building corrosion!
Here’s my driver door latch assembly torn down to the door ajar switch.

3F7C630A-7814-4724-B530-C8179BD4790A.jpeg

OP
OP
GCDenali

GCDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you tried opening any of the other doors to see if they will trigger the lights to come on? Does your door ajar alarm still yell at you when you have the driver door open and put it into gear? Or does the radio turn off when you turn the ignition off and open the driver door?
Come to think of it My radio does stay on when I exit the car. None of the doors cause the lights to turn on. Try spraying WD directly in the latches? Also why won the map lights turn on when I push the buttons? They will turn on from the dimmer but not individually

yukonkink03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im having an issue with my interior lights not coming on when the doors are open. I also am not able to use my map lights by depressing the buttons. I can turn all my lights on via the dimmer switch. All the lights will come on when I push the unlock button on my FOB. Is there a fuse that might be causing the light issue?

Im more concerned at night when I open the doors that the lights do not come on. Ive made sure the button next to the dimmer is pressed for the lights to come on.

Thanks

I think pushing the button in turns off the interior lights.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes, I should've said... The override switch should not affect the map lights. Can't see it being a fuse if they come on with the fob....hmmm....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purolator