Interior LED How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Some people have said that the bulbs in their instrument cluster are soldered into the twist-lock socket things. Has anyone here experienced that on their hoes? I have yet to find a source for just the socket, so I don't want to buy the LEDs and not be able to use them, should mine happen to be soldered in. (I'd check mine, but my dash bezel is something of a PITA to R&R, so it hasn't been a priority.)

Johnny Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also wondering what the white ones would look like in the dash. I dig the blue... it matches the Alpine but with a Pewter Yukon I am not seeing that blue matches too well. So has anyone just done white? I am thinking it might be obnoxiously bright.

laneo2494

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i changed everything to red too and im happy with the result. does anyone know if you can change the bulbs on the 4x4 transfer case? ive pulled it apart and found the bulbs but im not sure if you can replace them

DBLTAP

Reaction score
for you guys that changed them all out-did you do the door pnls as well? how many bulbs total and number of each? Thanks

bowling57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great pics for doing this job, but does anyone have similar pics or directions for doing similar job on a 2006 Tahoe? IS it really different from these?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics for doing this job, but does anyone have similar pics or directions for doing similar job on a 2006 Tahoe? IS it really different from these?

An 06 is COMPLETELY different. There isn't a single bulb that can be replaced without unsoldering the old one and soldering a new one in.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
i changed everything to red too and im happy with the result. does anyone know if you can change the bulbs on the 4x4 transfer case? ive pulled it apart and found the bulbs but im not sure if you can replace them

What kind of t-case do you have? Are you talking about the status bulbs on a floor shifter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015 Suburban