intellibeam...dummy instructions please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Felicia

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HI ya'll. I'm loving my 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71 midnight edition, already put 11,000 miles on it, wah! I had all of my bulbs switched to beautiful, crisp LED, which I love. (I couldn't believe they had halogen headlights with the LED strip??? ODD) but even before I had this done, I could not figure out how to make the intellibeam option work! (where the green headlight with the A shows up on the dash and the car automatically turns the high beams and low beams on) I have accidentally put it in that setting when I was flashing some goofball who was coming towards me with their brights on, and one other time before that, but I cannot seem to put it in that mode when I want to. I read the instructions in the manual and honestly I have no clue what they mean about "with the switch in neutral". Can someone please explain how to do this, in dummy terms, since thats apparently what I need! LOL Thank you.

Felicia

IMG_0856.jpg

MTVP

Reaction score
That helps, thanks Qlassic418. Did you get it Felicia ? Double hit the flash to pass in under 5 seconds to reset.
I just tried the double hit flash to pass method. I't didn't work. The push the stalk forward and pull it back one time method did. My 17 Esky

Last edited:

Texas70

Reaction score
HI ya'll. I'm loving my 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71 midnight edition, already put 11,000 miles on it, wah! I had all of my bulbs switched to beautiful, crisp LED, which I love. (I couldn't believe they had halogen headlights with the LED strip??? ODD) but even before I had this done, I could not figure out how to make the intellibeam option work! (where the green headlight with the A shows up on the dash and the car automatically turns the high beams and low beams on) I have accidentally put it in that setting when I was flashing some goofball who was coming towards me with their brights on, and one other time before that, but I cannot seem to put it in that mode when I want to. I read the instructions in the manual and honestly I have no clue what they mean about "with the switch in neutral". Can someone please explain how to do this, in dummy terms, since thats apparently what I need! LOL Thank you.

Felicia

View attachment 185965
Any info on LED's that you upgraded to, brand, #'s, place of purchase, price, etc. Thanks! Nice ride btw!

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
It says to double hit it, but I've found on my 16 Tahoe I only have to move it forward and back once for the indicator to come on when done at night with the lights on.

shelton_yukon17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve found that if your fog lights are on the intellibeam will not activate. So fogs off and quickly toggle high beams on then off and it should activate.

billium39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wish this was a feature you can turn off completely and not every time. Ive solved the issue by just always turning my fog lights on. I switched over to the Vanquish HID system since we have a projector headlamp and they are plenty bright where I don't ever need my brights and seeing the ugly cheap halogen bulb.

rockwoodroo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wish this was a feature you can turn off completely and not every time. Ive solved the issue by just always turning my fog lights on. I switched over to the Vanquish HID system since we have a projector headlamp and they are plenty bright where I don't ever need my brights and seeing the ugly cheap halogen bulb.
I have the LS trim model. Do you know if this one also comes with the projector headlamp? Which Vanquish HID color temp did you choose? Any pictures?

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score

My stay off until I activate them.

billium39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the LS trim model. Do you know if this one also comes with the projector headlamp? Which Vanquish HID color temp did you choose? Any pictures?

i believe all the headlights have projectors in them, not 100% on that but pretty sure. I did the 6000k its going to be more white but there is a tiny bit of a blue tint when you have them close to something but overall they give a nice bright white beam. I'll get some pictures from it tonight or tomorrow and throw them up.

My stay off until I activate them.
Mine turn off when I turn my fogs on, and usually anytime i don't turn my fogs on the icon will appear after I drive for a bit, so they seem to always be activated as long as the fog lights are off, or unless you turn them off with this method from the video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz