Intake manifold upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archtoker420

Reaction score
Been a while since I been on here. Been scrolling through the Summit magazine and found an Edelbrock performer intake manifold that is supposed to fit. Part EDL-2116 but fine print says non EGR. And I don't know if my 99 Yukon is EGR. And also I think its fuel injected but the intake takes a carburetor. Might be dumb questions but I can't figure it from Google. I believe I have the L31 motor

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a 5.7 350 there's going to be alot of intakes that will technically fit. you are fuel injected and should have an egr. the ecm and transmission use signals from your throttle body to function correctly so without custom work it wont work. are you after more power or just looking for a different intake manifold to fix a problem.

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
its a 5.7 350 there's going to be alot of intakes that will technically fit. you are fuel injected and should have an egr. the ecm and transmission use signals from your throttle body to function correctly so without custom work it wont work. are you after more power or just looking for a different intake manifold to fix a problem.
Looking for more power, someone mentioned a marine intake also. Don't really know where to start lol

OP
OP
Archtoker420

Archtoker420

Reaction score
How much power are you looking for, and how much are you willing to spend?
Starting of small, trying to teach myself as I go, not alot of money to spend at once. Maybe start with some easier bolt on as I learn

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you have done so far? is this a dd or just a spare toy? you say learn as you go are you a diy noob or just performance mod noob. if your a diy noob dont mess with the intake manifold yet. if a friend suggested the intake manifold and your a diy noob find a new friend or just dont listen to thier suggestions. yes a different intake manifold or porting an intake will get you more power but its pretty involved and not something someone should try to tackle without automotive experience and specific tools. now most gm trucks have a pretty stout intake system to begin with but a good cold air intake will get you a nice growl when you get on it and atleast some better throttle response on the 5.7. my butt dyno swears i gained a few ponies but let not get a thread jacking going on and an argument about cai. next or first depending on your choice is a good cat back exhaust system. there's plenty to choose from for your truck so get on youtube and find a sound you like. from there your starting to get a bit more technical. long tube headers are you best bang for your buck on the exhaust especially paired with a matching new y pipe(catted or not). however depending on the mileage and if the stock manifolds have ever come off prior could turn that project into a disaster. next up a tune would be a real noticeable difference especially taking advantage of the parts you have put on up to that point. then a cam swap however i recommend a shop or a more knowledgeable friend and possibly doing atleast a minor rebuild at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts