Installed ****** headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
ive been running mine open headers since the day i installed them, ovcourse its not a DD, but damn i wish there was no sound ordinances around here :)

It seems pretty perky now, but more will come with the vortec heads and cam.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have dual flowmasters on my hoe right now and they sound pretty damn loud and deep which I love. How much louder would it be if I also got some new headers? Ive been looking to do a few performance upgrades and if it adds a little power and makes it louder then I will deffinitally do that

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
you mean slowmasters?? haha Longtubes is the way to go, screw that shorty shit.

But i would imagine you would feel the power and hear the sound for sure. It might even give you a mpg better or so, depending on how you drive it.

around 400 bucks for a good set of LTs. Get ceramic or stainless if anything.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Im just getting into car performance man. I can mod out and rebuild a dirt bike engine but Im still learning about car mods. When you say long tubes are you referring to the headers or the mufflers? What is the performance difference between short and long? The sound difference? Just trying to learn.. Thank you!

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
notta problem! long tubes are for headers, meaning longer puts them back more under your engine, shorties are short and are pretty much like manifolds...

Longtubes would get the best performance aspects between them, shorties bolt right up into the stock ypipe and be done with it (more for a backyard person that doesnt want screw around with too much exhaust work)

Once you go longtubes you have to reroute everything front to back, so its more costly and time consuming etc etc.
Sound difference, not too drastic, but long tubes will be louder. But it also depends on mufflers, cats, bends, tubing diameter and shit..

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thats what I thought. For now Ill have to leave it stock until I have the experience to do the long tubes or I can get the shorties for a few years. Im 17 and a senior in high school so Im learning how to weld and use a cutting torch still. Getting lt headers would be too much customizing for the little experience that I have right now. Thank you for explaining the difference though! What is a good set of short headers?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Raptor. well any of your bigger brands would be best, but if you buy Summit racing ones, they are rebranded passetter ones (which are pretty good and cheaper)

idk, people have different preferences on their headers and such.

Thank trend. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts