Install foot activation for rear tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, New here. But long time GM customer. Regal, Blazer, 2 corvettes, Escallade EXT, SRX, Avalanche, 2500 HD diesel, some kind of Pontiac (skyhawk or skylark), etc, etc

My current vehicles:
- 2006 Z06
- 2006 SRX
- 2008 2500 HD diesel
- 2015 Denali

Question: I just picked up a demo 2015 Denali it is an early year model (d). Is it possible to install the foot activation for the rear tailgate. I found an easy install for the phone charger pad in the console arm rest already. Many thanks!

Last edited:

hamd1719

Reaction score
I'm also interested in this install anyone know how to install

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was your easy install for phone charger pad in console arm?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

teking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was your easy install for phone charger pad in console arm?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

I found a drop in product just like the OEM one for a little over $200.00. It says its for 2014 + ..... I question the "+"
Drop In OEM look wirelesss charger
Having said that .... I ordered the OEM module for $144 and pad for $5 and will try to install it myself. I'll either save $50 or loose $150. We'll see!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

teking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another alternative to buying the module for the phone charger and moding your armrest is just buying the armrest w/ charger outright. $277.00 from GMparts direct.

I'm still trying to determine the OEM parts for the foot activation of the rear hatch

EDIT: OK I located the parts necessary to install the foot activation. Once I get the OEM phone charger installed I'll move on to the foot activation.

Last edited:

hamd1719

Reaction score
Another alternative to buying the module for the phone charger and moding your armrest is just buying the armrest w/ charger outright. $277.00 from GMparts direct.

I'm still trying to determine the OEM parts for the foot activation of the rear hatch

EDIT: OK I located the parts necessary to install the foot activation. Once I get the OEM phone charger installed I'll move on to the foot activation.
Please post details on how you installed the phone charger I'm also interested, I didn't get it in my car.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

teking

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally got the phone charger unit ..... will install over holiday vacation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qurba55