Infotainment day night mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keithcruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, My 2018 Yukon Denali Xl infotainment display changes from day to night mode whenever driving in the shade of trees or buildings on a cloudy day. I don’t want to have to manually select either day or night mode but can’t get auto to work properly. Does anyone know if this a software adjustment or likely a faulty ambient light sensor on the dashboard?
Thanks for any help.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, My 2018 Yukon Denali Xl infotainment display changes from day to night mode whenever driving in the shade of trees or buildings on a cloudy day. I don’t want to have to manually select either day or night mode but can’t get auto to work properly. Does anyone know if this a software adjustment or likely a faulty ambient light sensor on the dashboard?
Thanks for any help.
it could just depend on your senstivity to it and how much you have the interior lights turned up or down, but a light sensor is cheap enough to roll the dice on and just replace it
you have to pull the pillar covers off on both side to get access to the front dash trim piece, probably take 20 minutes to do. use plastic trim tools so you don't scuff things up.
harbor freight sells a variety package of them for $15 or so

OP
OP
K

keithcruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it could just depend on your senstivity to it and how much you have the interior lights turned up or down, but a light sensor is cheap enough to roll the dice on and just replace it
you have to pull the pillar covers off on both side to get access to the front dash trim piece, probably take 20 minutes to do. use plastic trim tools so you don't scuff things up.
harbor freight sells a variety package of them for $15 or so
Thanks for the tip on how to replace this sensor. I will give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo