info on lift spindles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was debating lifting my truck awhile back and i was planning on using 4" lift spindles on the front. Now that ive joined this site and i see people trying to get 3-4 inches but i never see anyone recomend them? Is there something bad about them?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing bad at all,,,, alot of people take the easy rout of spacers and key... you have to remember that with keys you are cranking the torsion bars tight and yields a stiffer ride in the front... there are 2 types of spacers.. eurothen and metal. the metal ones transfer more road vibrations.. i prefer eurothen..

my trailmaster lift has spindles and drop cross member... along with a hole slew of stuff but it is a $1,800 kit.. id look at some of the kits out there for your vehicle and piece it together very easily..

spindles are great. they are relatively easy to install 2 out of 5 dificulty..

i would recommend getting longer front tortion bar end-links. longer shocks, ebay you can find the 4 and 6" skyjacker rear springs for cheap. you will have a slightly greater drive angle but nothing major..

i have done spindles a couple of times and fully support them..

pm for more questions if needed

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone post a link to some lift spindles for an 03 tahoe i cant seem to find them anywhere or on ebay

AllensHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
JD's right. Spindles are the way to go if you can get them for your vehicle. I just ordered a set for my 91 c1500 step side 2wd and can't wait for them to get here in a day or two. The thing with spindles is nothing is changed alignment wise. They just move the hub down further on the spindle. Springs and torsion keys and spacers usually always require an alignment afterwards. If you go any higher than 2-3" on springs then you normally need an aftermarket upper control arm. I ordered the 4" lift spindles and had some +2" springs laying around for a while in case I wanted to go bigger. The rear is factory spring hangers with +2 blocks.

Another thing with spindles is you don't have to buy longer shocks for the front end. But you will have to buy shocks for the rear if you lift it....I think...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia