Incoming text messages?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a question for Android phone users...When a text is sent to me while driving my 22 Yukon and listening to the radio (Android Auto is active) I get no notification on the infotainment nor from my phone as Android auto mutes the phone so low you can't hear it.
If I am driving with map active on the screen then I get a notification and a bar on the infotainment with button to play aloud which works fine and I also can respond verbally just fine.
I can not understand why when I assume most folks would be listening to a radio why the system would not notify me and act the same as when the maps are active?
Also my wife's 2024 GMC Terrain Denali acts exactly the same way! Is this normal behavior or am I missing something here?
Thanks for any help with this as GM and Onstar are clueless about this issue.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM used to have a native texting app but discontinued it probably due to liability. One of my biggest complaints as I am not an AA or ACP user. I just don't like how it dominates your whole system. So, no real texting functions/notifications in 21+ on its own....

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what is going on but just today on the way home, radio is on and I believe AA was active as it is automatic when I enter the vehicle. I received a text and it popped up on the info screen with the name of the sender,

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the radio itself on the screen or playing in the background behind the map screen?

OP
OP
G

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a question for Android phone users...When a text is sent to me while driving my 22 Yukon and listening to the radio (Android Auto is active) I get no notification on the infotainment nor from my phone as Android auto mutes the phone so low you can't hear it.
If I am driving with map active on the screen then I get a notification and a bar on the infotainment with button to play aloud which works fine and I also can respond verbally just fine.
I can not understand why when I assume most folks would be listening to a radio why the system would not notify me and act the same as when the maps are active?
Also my wife's 2024 GMC Terrain Denali acts exactly the same way! Is this normal behavior or am I missing something here?
Thanks for any help with this as GM and Onstar are clueless about this issue.
So am I the only one with this behavior or are others seeing this too? I would like to see more responses about this because if everyone's Tahoe or Yukon using an Android phone is doing the same thing then it is not me or my phones settings but the way GM has designed it which seems silly. So come on and lets hear you!
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660