I want to install a rear camera monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluerdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been moving toward installing a rear camera and monitor. Ive got a 2000 Yukon 2500 XL with the 2 section center console. I was initially thinking of removing panel with the cassette player and storage and fabricating a custom panel to accomodate a monitor (easy cable routing and power connection). More I thought about it, figured there might be a ready to buy panel out there? Interested in ideas, thoughts, direction

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed unless your planning on going double din route put a little monitor in the cubby hole. Have look at what mine looks like, i used a different screen and camera cause that seller in the thread was non existent when i wanted mine but i think it worked out well.

Heres an idea for a monitor in the cassette player location, post #4 - http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595

Attachments

• Monitor.jpg
    Monitor.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get a actual measurement of the actual screen size. Part that actually lights up. Thinking about using the Cubbycam gauge mount, then just cut it out and mount the monitor behind it.

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get a actual measurement of the actual screen size. Part that actually lights up. Thinking about using the Cubbycam gauge mount, then just cut it out and mount the monitor behind it.

That's a great idea I might do that now. It should look really nice with just the screen showing. As you see in my picture, I put a piece of plastic horizontal along the bottom of the monitor bc it left a gap. I would try a different cam though, I would find one that is not so wide but the same screen size.
Monitor Dimensions: 4.13" x 2.6" x .6"
Screen: 2.75" horizontal x 2" vertical

Edit: I'm going to get that gauge mount, it looks like it would be perfect. 2" hole with .37" inches cut on left and right for a rectangular hole of 2.75" x 2". It should look even better now.

Last edited:

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info. I think the gauge mount would finish it off nicely. That monitor is about the best on I can find in that size. If I find something else I will post it up.

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to try this one. Ordered the Cubbycam gauge pod as well. Just need to pick a location to order a camera.

0f11469cca9844e0342fb1aecb900f07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman