I Took Apart My Brakelight Switch - PICS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the plastic harness. Still no 3rd brake light. I then swapped the switches. No again on the 3rd brake light but my cruise works now and no more "service stability" message. Defective switch that has now cooked my 3rd light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd brake lights are pretty flimsy & cheap to replace. Probably just burned out-maybe before you ever had an issue with the lights. Possibly related but if you replace I'm sure that you will find it working normally as is everything else at the moment

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake lights on my '05 Tahoe just stopped working. I checked the fuses and the bulbs look fine. I presume it too is the switch so I ordered one from AutoZone tonight. If all goes as expected I should be able to take a crack at this in AM. Any tips/tricks you would share for the removal of the brake light switch clip?

Another good symptom of a failed brake switch is no cruise control.
Random fun fact...

Edit: sorry didn't check the dates of this and apparently the cruise control symptom has already been shared...

CincyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3rd brake lights are pretty flimsy & cheap to replace. Probably just burned out-maybe before you ever had an issue with the lights. Possibly related but if you replace I'm sure that you will find it working normally as is everything else at the moment
Replaced the 3rd brake light today. Works. Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo