I need a "how to" on removing torque management.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard from people that removing torque management helps with getting power to the ground and would like to know how to remove it.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will have to get a custom tune in order to have it removed...Like Blueflamed said, Give Black Bear a call they will hook you up with what ya need!

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
try to get to a live tune event with Justin at BB if you can. I keep missing them due to lack of funds...I mean the wife won't let me spend the money now...lol.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
live tune is excellent, scan cable if you can wait, or traditional if you need it NOW :) (sooner the better, trust me, you don't know what your missing!)

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To more specifically answer your question, torque management is a feature that is programmed into the PCM that controls the amount of power going to the wheels. To lessen or remove it, you need a tuner who is running EFI Live or a similar program to actually go into the program and modify the TM tables. This is where Justin at BBP comes in. His tuning is top notch. Many people on here, myself included, are running a tune from him and have been more than pleased.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
reducing power, by reducing things like timing,etc...

if you have ever had a carb'd car, you know what 4-6 degrees of added timh does.

same applies to this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lady112210