Humming noise when tightly turning steering wheel, only during cold start and go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris01234567

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sounds like everyone is having the issue when embarking immediately following a cold start. You could remote start it 5-10min before leaving and let the engine warm up before driving. If the noise persists, that could help eliminate possible causes.
Roger that.

JKeller

Reaction score
Engine warm up makes no difference (at least on my Tahoe). The noise occurs until the differential is warmed up, and the engine does not warm up the differential. It needs to be driven to warm up the differential.

I changed the fluid in mine today. I'll update with whether it made a difference after I put some miles on it.

Chris01234567

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Engine warm up makes no difference (at least on my Tahoe). The noise occurs until the differential is warmed up, and the engine does not warm up the differential. It needs to be driven to warm up the differential.

I changed the fluid in mine today. I'll update with whether it made a difference after I put some miles on it.
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. I’ll update once the dealer gives me the full rundown. I saw earlier where some said rear diff is covered under certified pre owned. Hoping that’s the case.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure everyone of ya'lls trucks have remote start that could prevent this. That being said, if 6 members are having that same issue in this recent of a thread, it may be a widespread issue that's TSB worthy. Definitely make your dealers aware of the issue.

There is a TSB.

Chris01234567

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here’s the link to that TSB.

Dealer finally called, my Humm/Moan was the exact issue called out in the TSB and covered under power train wrty. Thankfully they didn’t require me to provide them with the tsb. I have such little confidence in GMC. For the cost of their Denali it is absolute trash compared to luxury vehicles of similar price. So disappointing. At 100k I’ll be ditching mine due to CPO running out. I know to many folks with suburban Tahoes and Yukons that have total engine replacements or tranny rebuilt btwn 100-125k miles.

Anyhow thank you to everyone for the great feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny