How to price used audio equipment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm stuck...I have an older Orion 2500d amplifier (the chrome one) and I no longer have a use for it. Selling my old equipment because it takes up too much room in my new ride, so would rather have the cash at this point.

Here's the issue: the amp is't made anymore so I can't find a good benchmark. It's an old school Orion 2500d amp and it's a beast. Back when I bought it they were close to $1k.

How do you price something that isn't available anymore? Especially when the newer amps can't hold a candle to this thing.

2500 watts RMS @ 1 ohm, 5000 watts MAX @ 1 ohm (and those numbers are prob underrated). Class D monoblock. These things are nasty....

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats hard to say. I would try to find another on sale and mimic that price and for unique high end stuff like that, I wouldnt even sell in just any old forum, I would focus on mobile audio forums and see if someone would spend the extra $ for what they know or consider to be high quality. Similar to selling a car. You are better off selling a heavily modded car in a forum that only discusses that car because you'll find more enthusiasts that would be interested in the setup. Try diymobileaudio.com

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats hard to say. I would try to find another on sale and mimic that price and for unique high end stuff like that, I wouldnt even sell in just any old forum, I would focus on mobile audio forums and see if someone would spend the extra $ for what they know or consider to be high quality. Similar to selling a car. You are better off selling a heavily modded car in a forum that only discusses that car because you'll find more enthusiasts that would be interested in the setup. Try diymobileaudio.com

That's the hard part, there aren't really any for sale around anymore. They are rare. I saw one on craigslist and dude was asking $700, lol.

A friend actually was asking me about buying it, so I don't want to do wrong by him and I wanna be ok with what it's worth on my end too...

Barrys

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those old Orion amps ar awesome Mecca is right post it on diyma there I a an old school audio thread in there someone will jump on that amp I promise ya. I have audison no longer made that's a beast as well I am just thinking about trading it for some gear that I DO need for my new build.

BlueAc

Reaction score
There's a few car audio groups that I started following on FB. There's some good guys on there that couple help you out as well. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Price it high. I'm always looking to pick up some old HCCA, A/D/S and Soundstream equipment to flip. It can probably still pull $6-750 if in good condition with a box and / or manuals.

OP
OP
Denali2k8

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fi
Price it high. I'm always looking to pick up some old HCCA, A/D/S and Soundstream equipment to flip. It can probably still pull $6-750 if in good condition with a box and / or manuals.

Its the amp, that's it. It has a few surface scratches but it still works great. I figure its still a $500 amp, but most people won't come close to paying that...

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
yes second the price high, also will be hard to get sold bc most people don't really know what good stereo equipment is, especially when you get into the competition stuff. I would say your best bet would be to get on a larger audio forum and see what they are selling around there if you want to get the best $$$. May take you some extra time moving it but if its worth it to you to sell it for more then taking that extra time may be a necessity.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Agreed that it may take a little longer to sell, but if you're not in a pinch, you'll end up giving it to a good home who will appreciate the equipment for what it is - and they'll pay for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts