How to keep fogs on with hi and low beam - 6 hi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been searching the web trying to find how to wire up all of my lights to stay on when I flash the highs. So far I did the 4 hi mod but it still kills my fog lights. I have OEM fogs with HIDs and would like to minimize the on off cycling. This mod is more for flash to pass than it is for lighting down the road.

Thanks for any help.

Scooty

Reaction score
I did this mod today on my 08 tahoe with a $1.49 diode from Radio Shack. The diode I used is a PN 1N4004.Comes in a package of two but just need one. Work is done in fuse box under the hood. As if you are looking from the drivers seat to front... take the "striped" side of diode and place into the front left of the 8430 relay(foglamp)...the other side goes to the windshield20131107_120557.jpg side of the fuse in slot 30 or 31 (Headlamp fuses). I now have high beams...low beams...and foglamps when high beams are switched on. When high beams are switched off everything works as normal. I found this process while searching other GM forums and this was in a Silverado/Sierra forum and had excellent pictures.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure those methods don't work in the 91-99's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick