How to improve handling of the 'Hoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
What other parts/mods are available to improve the handling of the 05 'hoe?

I have Auto-Ride so I don't want to mess with that for the time being.
I have the Hotchkis Front & Rear Sway Bar Kit.

Just wanted to know what else is available? I want to stay around the same ride height as I want the clearance ( it's 4x4 ). I plan to change my wheels over to some of the OEM 17's from the newer 'hoe's. I searched on some random websites, the only thing that turns up are front end steering stabilizers. But it seems those are for lifted trucks and/or trucks with larger wheels. Will there be any benefit in adding that onto a truck that has OEM height/wheels? Thanks.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eibach and belltech make a sway bar kit as well, you can always upgrade the bushings as well

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eibach and belltech make a sway bar kit as well, you can always upgrade the bushings as well

Which bushings my man? I'm installing a stabilizer for my 24s but my steering feels a little "loose". The stabilizer should firm that up but It doesn't negate that the steering parts were still loose before the stabilizer.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can upgrade the shocks and all the chassis/suspension bushings (control arms, end links, trailing arms, etc). Polyurethane bushings will help get rid of a lot of the slop from the stock bushings. There really isn't much else you can do with these trucks aside from larger sway bars and lowering the cg. I know you want to keep it at stock height, but lowering the cg will make a huge difference with handling. As for the steering stabilizer, I'd spend the money elsewhere if you're keeping stock or close to stock size wheels/tires.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can upgrade the shocks and all the chassis/suspension bushings (control arms, end links, trailing arms, etc). Polyurethane bushings will help get rid of a lot of the slop from the stock bushings. There really isn't much else you can do with these trucks aside from larger sway bars and lowering the cg. I know you want to keep it at stock height, but lowering the cg will make a huge difference with handling. As for the steering stabilizer, I'd spend the money elsewhere if you're keeping stock or close to stock size wheels/tires.

You have a pic of your stabilizer installed? Can you give a quick run down of how/where you bolted it in?

BOSS