How to clean my engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spray everything with a degreaser like purple power, spray 9, simple green,etc. scrub the real dirty spots with a brush or wrag. then blast with a hose. then pull out a air hose from the compressor or leaf blower to move some the water. final step is to spray everything with some glossy shine stuff like armorall black magic or stoner

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have air a some decent water pressure:

Spray with degreaser
Let sit for a few minutes
Pressure wash (at your own discretionn)
Agitate with a medium bristled brush as needed
Rinse
Blow standing water off of surfaces
Spray with dressing (CG BareBones is my go-to)
Blow excess off of surfaces
Let set for about a half hour or so (time enough for hoses/plastic to soak up dressing)
Wipe up with MF towel for final touches

Old pics, but decent idea given following the process above:

DSC00267.jpg
DSC00275.jpg

DSC00678.jpg
DSC00689.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0513.jpg

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the block, spray simple green. Sit for 30 minutes. Rinse with low pressure. Repeat once. Third time, spray the simple green and scrub any parts you can reach or that need to be cleaned. Works like a charm

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so my engine is super dirty and greased up, I was going to clean with some engine bright foaming spray and diluted simpled green with soft bristled brush, however after talking with several tahoe/suburban owners about water damaging knock sensors and getting into unwanted places on our engines im a little leary of spraying down my compartment. Im I just being paranoid?

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so my engine is super dirty and greased up, I was going to clean with some engine bright foaming spray and diluted simpled green with soft bristled brush, however after talking with several tahoe/suburban owners about water damaging knock sensors and getting into unwanted places on our engines im a little leary of spraying down my compartment. Im I just being paranoid?

Yes.

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score

Mine was drenched in Clay and Mud from a little off-roading at LaGrange a while back ago. I decided to clean my engine with some Engine De-greaser and Water and now I have a constant CEL for my knock sensors. It's probably my dumb luck, but it happened to me.:imo: :Handshake:

A Little fun making the Engine Dirty :)

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM