How to clean dried wax on black plastic trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramrod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure most of us run into this---- spending hours detailing and then a few days later finding out you touched some black plastic trim while you were applying the wax. What is the best way to remove it? I've tried Mother's Back to Black with limited success.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
If all else fails try duplicolor trim paint. It matches perfectly and it super easy to apply. I do all my fenders every 2 months or so.

OP
OP
R

ramrod

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You serious? never heard of that. Hmm, maybe it'll be PB and J for lunch mixed in with some experimenting on trim!

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Wow works very well on ANY type of trim ......... easily removes wax build up.

Copland

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To remove wax spots from the rough surfaced plastic trims, you can try to rub it away with a soft rubber/eraser. It's an easy and cheap way to deal with it. I'm not kiddin... It really works, have done it for several times by myself. greetz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen