How Much Oil In Catch Can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the intake be pulling from the baffled side, not the tank side? Why would you want to "filter the incoming oil, instead of filtering the air going into the intake?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Shouldn't the intake be pulling from the baffled side, not the tank side? Why would you want to "filter the incoming oil, instead of filtering the air going into the intake?

This is exactly the conversation I'd like to have one and for all.... Right now, I'm piped the way "they" say. In through the top, out from the side, but my brain says that's wrong...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went out to double check. In the direction of flow, it's valve cover to top port then bottom port out to intake manifold. I never gave it any thought beyond the instructions that came with it and the instructions found online everywhere. Like you guys said, "the way 'they' say". But, you guys raise quite a valid point. After giving it 30 seconds of thought of what's going on with it, it sounds backwards. I'll lose sleep tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts