How do I remove oxidation from Boss 330 Lip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Use Adams Polish 1 and 2. Works great.. I had BOSS rims on my Tahoe the very first ste and it did it to me as well. Those wheels are really crapy.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I have no experience with Boss rims but I have plenty with clearcoat and paint textures in general...

in order to remove oxidation from a clear coat layer you need a good polish placed on a foam pad on an orbital buffer working at low speed to remove the top layer. then you want to polish at a higher speed until you polish out the oxidation. Then you want to wax it over top to add some protection and finally add a sealant as a topper

Get ready to do this at least 4 times a year because this procedure does not give long lasting results.
This is one of the main reasons people started shying away from the non-chrome Boss wheels. The other being rusting/pitting issues. No quality or QC on their end.

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
go to boss's website they carry their own line of cleaning products for their wheels. i recommend buying both ones a cleaner and the other is a protectant. and yes the cleaner works very well.

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
go to boss's website they carry their own line of cleaning products for their wheels. i recommend buying both ones a cleaner and the other is a protectant. and yes the cleaner works very well.

Thanks for the help the problem was solved

Mothers Mag&AlumPolish+SteelWool= New looking wheel

:)

CbChevyLt_99

Reaction score
Thanks for the help the problem was solved

Mothers Mag&AlumPolish+SteelWool= New looking wheel

:)

i would be very careful using steel wool esp on the lip. it could leave some ****** little scratches all in that alluminum. i love boss wheels ive ran them on both tahoes ive owned. love the style esp the 330-335's

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot the name of the product but it's in a silver can look very similar to a shoe polish container inside is a cotton type material that you rip of pieces and rub on surface till surface turns black an wipe clean with a soft towel that stuff work Magic sold at most auto stores.

eagle one never dull

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JVega