Hmm... What to do next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighUpSasquatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1997 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 V8 4x4
6 inch lift 35 inch BFG a/t ko

First post on here so any recommendations would help.

338ffb74.jpg
cc66a64f.jpg
ac06fc39.jpg

57e4a1b7.jpg

Plans:
-3 inch body lift
-37 inch boggers
-bilstein 5150's
-brush guard/skidplate
-454 gears

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome Josh, nice ride.

Things you could do if you wanted from cheapest to most expensive:
Debadge / trim
Billet Grill inserts
The shocks
Gears, i would do 4.88 if you plan on 37s

You have a really clean truck

darin95yuk

Reaction score
that is sick man!!! i wouldnt go boby lift it would be easier to crank you torsions up and put some ad a leafs or something unless you like the look of a body lift? anyways welcome to the forum man!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice, clean ride man! To be honest, I like the molding on there for some reason :shrug: It all looks really clean. If it was mine, all I'd do is billet inserts and cleaners headlights, parking lights and corner lights plus stick in some LED tails and call it a day as far as cosmetics :) I like it! :D

OP
OP
H

HighUpSasquatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.

Bowtie freak-talking about nice Tahoe's...holy shit yours is clean. I was wanting to go with a brush guard similar to yours, and possibly do a cowl hood settup. But as for debadging I think ima take 07 burbs advice and keep the moulding. Something about red and the chrome trim gives it the look I love.

95yukon- I myself have been contemplating this whole body lift situation. The whole hassle of getting the rear bumper and tow hitch's raised to match, and the extra frame amount showing underneath has kept me away for now. But talking about cranking torsion bars...do you think it's safe/smart to crank em up enough to clear 37's?

07burb-thanks for being one person who agree's with me on my rides trim and badges. Haha I honestly think it looks alot better with it. So as for new headlights/taillights, what's a website I should be checking out? I was already thinking about some clear headlights with 10k hid's.

077777a9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HighUpSasquatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks again 07burb! Ima have to check out these websites tonight. I'll have a new update on my truck within the week. Let's just say it's payday, and rents already been paid. Haha.

Quick gearing question-
Is it dangerous to re-gear the rear end of a 4x4 hoe without doing the front? What if I accidentally engaged into 4wheel drive? Bye bye transmission??

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any time on the info man :Handshake:

You do NOT want to regear the rear without regearing the front!!!:badidea:

:Grenade:

OP
OP
H

HighUpSasquatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess I'll just have to save up and do it the right way first time around. I just wish it wasn't so god dam expensive. I recently almost bought a turbo-charger kit for shit n giggles so I don't think gearing is that far down the road. It's either mod my axle's or my engine. And my MPG is crying for the new gears. Haha.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd get the new gears first then start hopping up the engine but that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions..... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truckinscooby

Latest posts