HIR Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any info/experience with these? I am mildly interested in giving them a try. Only thing is that I am not sure there is a bulb type for my 09 Z71 which has H11 lows. Only the 9005 high beams. Thoughts?

http://www.hirheadlights.com/

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I have not heard of these, but I would be very interetsed in them for another car if someone has heard anything.

Last edited:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard good things about them, some people prefer them over HIDs. Not sure about your bulb though, you would have to go through a site that sells em to find out

OP
OP
M

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No replacements for the H11 lows. Looks like 5000k HIDs for the lows and I might give the 9005 HIR replacements a shot for the highs.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No replacements for the H11 lows. Looks like 5000k HIDs for the lows and I might give the 9005 HIR replacements a shot for the highs.

i have 6000k hid for lows and hirs for highs. looks weird when i turn them on due to 6000k having a bluish tint and hirs being a brighter white.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just get HIDs? they are pretty cheap now?

i didnt read the website so i could be missing something but just curious cause ive not heard of this

OP
OP
M

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the HIRs for the lows instead of HIDs because it is a straight bulb replacement. No ballast, wiring harness, relay, etc.

tool2269, You think 5000K would be the right match with HIR high beams?

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i have heard of them but not any info on if any one has used them. saw on line that dodge was tryin them out in some of the cars. but i havent seen and truth to that

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just get HIDs? they are pretty cheap now?

i didnt read the website so i could be missing something but just curious cause ive not heard of this

I dont know how much the HIR lights are but the are supposed to be a "better" alternative to HIDs in stock housing. I wouldnt know for sure though, I have HID's in my stock housing

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tool2269, You think 5000K would be the right match with HIR high beams?

I'm not entirely sure. I can for sure tell you they are not a good match with DDMtuning 6000k hid's :)

BTW I got my HIRs from the site you listed. I think thats the only place to get them anymore. IMO they're similar (and maybe slightly brighter) to sylvania's ultra bright silverstars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doakes32

Latest posts