Hid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right. Although the two 14g wires can handle the current of running four wires it can lower the voltage enough so that the hids flicker. Some trucks are ok, but others are not. That's why I included a relay in the wiring diagram provided free HERE.

laxman21

Reaction score
That's a better solution. The first one shouldn't be used. Remember the current also runs through the light switch. Increase current draw will increase the heat in the switch and through out the wire. Car manufactures are not know for putting in more than what's needed.

YMMV.

Goldhawg

Reaction score
What's the latest on lighting kits? I'm a newbie and need some brighter lights. Totally stock now, and I'd like the easiest plug and play kit. Don't have to have super bright, but want much better than stock. Also my stock lenses were clouded; used the maguire polishing kit and its better but still dull, so would like opinions on the best lenses to use. Appreciate inputs from those that have done. Reading this, I thinking I should just call DDM?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
get some new clear lenses from anzo or tyc and do ddm hids. Should cost less the $160 total. then work you way around to the other lighting.

Goldhawg

Reaction score

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
those are parking lights, not headlights

low beams-DDM 35 watt 4500k to fit a 9006 bulb
high beams-DDM 55 watt 4500k to fit a 9005 bulb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member