Hid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so it's just a preference on disabling the DRL's?
Help me out here guys,
-I have a '97 and it has the DRL's, so I need the harness?
-I want HID's on my high and low beams, 35w for lows and 55w for hi's
-Also want the "6-high mod" like 99Yuk :D

Help me make a shopping list, I want to order from DDM, I've seen a post about a home-made 4-high kit, wonder how much the kit from DDM is or if I even need it...
Oh, and do I need to do anything about scatter? I bought a set of headlamp lenses that were smoked, don't know if they're stock or not. I'll post a pic.

Last edited:

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Not to be difficult...but I thought projection lenses were designed for HIDs to reduce scatter b/c the "standard" version of our lens create scatter.

However, I have heard from a few folks that aiming the lense downward does help a bit with not blinding oncoming traffic.

Is there any reason to update to TYC if my current lenses are still crystal clear?

Diller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so it's just a preference on disabling the DRL's?
Help me out here guys,
-I have a '97 and it has the DRL's, so I need the harness?
-I want HID's on my high and low beams, 35w for lows and 55w for hi's
-Also want the "6-high mod" like 99Yuk :D

Help me make a shopping list, I want to order from DDM, I've seen a post about a home-made 4-high kit, wonder how much the kit from DDM is or if I even need it...
Oh, and do I need to do anything about scatter? I bought a set of headlamp lenses that were smoked, don't know if they're stock or not. I'll post a pic.

You will not need the harness to go with the kits. You probably will find that your connectors are backwards on the truck (not on the kit). All you need to do is cut the connectors on the vehicle and switch the wires (very easy. Only 2 wires per connector). Just make sure you have shrinkable butt-connectors for the wires.......and make sure they are the shrinkabe kind (keeps the elements out of the wiring).

All in all, it too me about 35 minutes to get mine done. If you're doing all 4, figure on an hour.

If you need help, feel free to drop a line. I'd be more than willing to help!!

Diller
'99 Yukon SLT
'08 Hummer H3

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OKAY, ready to order! Anyone got a coupon code for DDM?

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I just ordered my HIDs!

What is the best way to install them? Where is everyone tucking the balast in?

laxman21

Reaction score
You don't need to cut the wires on your harness, just plug them in backwards to the ballast, ie, turn the plug 180*. If you use the harness that connects directly to the battery, the plugs don't need to be flipped. I learned this when I installed after I had the hids installed the harness and the lights didn't work.

If you are running high beams, I suggest getting the harness or your high beams will be very dim when you switch to them and so are you lows when turned on.

I'm running clear euro lens on the burb and stock on my blazer with no complaints.

I also have the high beam 4 lights on conversion kit. Got them from Mr.taillight for $15 shipped. Cheaper than I could build them for and safer then the resistor method.

I tucked my ballast in right below the headlights behind the marker lights.

My hids are from hidextra and where less expensive than the DDM kits shipped.

and my harnesses were bought of ebay for $8 shipped.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10