HID vs Halogen - Headlamp hole sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwayne Phillips

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, first post.

I purchased a older Denali with HID headlamps. One of the lights went out. I decided due to lamp life, to switch out the HID and go back to Halogen. I'd actually bought a brand new set for my other Yukon which died.

Unfortunately to my surprise, when I went to swap them out, the aftermarket Housing has a smaller hole on the low beams the HID fits, but my Halogen does not.

I'd like to keep the housing. I've thought of boring the hole larger, or preferably finding a replacement back seal with a larger hole.

Would like to hear from anyone who has run into before and how you solved this problem

Thanks

Dwayne

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, first post.

I purchased a older Denali with HID headlamps. One of the lights went out. I decided due to lamp life, to switch out the HID and go back to Halogen. I'd actually bought a brand new set for my other Yukon which died.

Unfortunately to my surprise, when I went to swap them out, the aftermarket Housing has a smaller hole on the low beams the HID fits, but my Halogen does not.

I'd like to keep the housing. I've thought of boring the hole larger, or preferably finding a replacement back seal with a larger hole.

Would like to hear from anyone who has run into before and how you solved this problem

Thanks

Dwayne
I had the same problem on my 01 but what I did is remove the ring with the 3 screws put the bulb in screw the screws back in and twist the bulb to lock it in place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts