hid off road light problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im having weird issues. i put some ddm 4500k hids in driving lights on grill guard. now i thought it was ballest but they still like to randomly pick wich one comes on and i have to flip my switch a frew times for them to come on. any ideas? never had any problems with my hedlight hids

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moved the ground and that solved one of them. now it comes on everytime with switch but still not the drivers. someone said to flip the polarity of ballest. could that be it?

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes they both worked the first time when i had em in the bumper then one would flicker and since i moved em to grill guard that ones worked but now i cant get it to work

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok harness isnt flipped if they worked before unless you un plugged them, also if you have your ballasts just floating in the breeze( not secured) you will blow the ballasts. also take a meter to make sure you have a FULL 12v going to them, ballasts dont like low power( also will blow them)

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they aremounted by the rad and dont move. ill check that tonighit last i checked they had good power going to them around 13

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the ddm are supposed to get the plug turned 180 normally. they were originally set up as a positive ground system. not negative ground like our vehicles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DetcJohnKimble

Latest posts