Hid help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK my HIDs have been giving me problems non stop i have fogs and lows right now. Both are kensun 35w premium canbus kits. I have used this company on my previous car and never a problem.

Now the fogs have never given me a single problem.

But, my lows have always given problems first they were going out randomly so they sent me new ballast and relay wire harness. Installed it all and then they would flicker and go out. Now all of a sudden they dont turn on at all!

Took my multimeter out and the ballast arent getting any power sent to them but the like connected to the batter and the in line fuse are both good and reading 13 volts. I checked the relay it clicks when given power and check the circuit on the ohms settings and it reads a perfect 0.0

So what can it be?

They are sending me out a new relay,ballast and bulbs.

But i dont want to just plug it in and maybe fry something new.

Please help!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have power going into the relay and the relay is clicking but nopower coming via harness wire.

Check voltage on the output leg of the socket the relay is plugged into.
If you find voltage then the wire has a break in it.
If no voltage then the relay is bad.

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the relay harness the wires coming out of it the pair that goes to the ballast was getting no power.

It doesnt make any sense the relay passed all tests.

How it this possible.