HID Help! 2007 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayerswc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently installed the DDM hi/low HID kit on my Denali.
I tried to follow the steps/directions that I had reserched on this site.

Af first, things were good. But, soon after install, only one side would successfully light when the lights turned on. If I then turned the knob to "off", and then to "on", both lights would come on.

I did some more research and ordered a signal canceller/ capacitor add-on, to ensure that both lights go steady power, but it did not correct the issue.

Any ideas?
-I have pulled the DRL fuses
-I do have the DDM relay harness hooked up. (not sure if I have doubled up on the relay. I ordered the hi/low kit, which may have already included a realy?)
-The power is directly connected to the battery

Thanks!

OP
OP
A

ayerswc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes, I have HIDs in the hi's too. the Yukon has one bulb for both unlike the Tahoe which uses seperate bulbs for Hi and low beams.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
yes, I have HIDs in the hi's too. the Yukon has one bulb for both unlike the Tahoe which uses seperate bulbs for Hi and low beams.

I'm having problems with my hids too, one side won't turn on, I'm going to add a 470 microfarad capacitor to the relay after I run to radioshack and see if that fixes the problem...It might fix the problem in yours too..

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Theretrofitsource.com elite kit.

I used to have that problem with my old kit but with theirs it hasn't happened even once.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or it might be that you guys are using cheap HID kits with sub-standard components.
Most likely it's the universe trying to spare oncoming traffic from your lighting. :)

OP, the only way to know for sure what part is the culprit is to start swapping bulbs and ballasts from side to side and see what problem follows what part.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score

Try putting a capacitor in your relay, I did yesterday and everything works perfect now