Hey dudes, I need to replace my projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:blah:

I need to replace my projector headlights that were ruin by a buck.

Whats the good stuff right now.

2002 suburban.

I want to have a black housing. and preferably the cool led rings.

I'm in canada, so i have to pay duty and shipping of course. Cost is a factor, but, I like quality ultimately.

What do you think of these?

http://www.anzousa.com/headlights/p...-02-projector-h-l-halo-black-clear-w-led.html

AND is IPCW any good?

Or this... http://www.carid.com/2002-chevy-sub...d-halo-led-projector-headlights-12131881.html

Sweet! thanks! :driver:

Last edited:

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
IPCW has always been a good brand. I'd check Depo, but I'm not sure they make them with angel eyes like you want

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Used a few brands, and Depo have put out the best light, especially using HID. The two halo ones I used sucked for light output. But don't have any experience with IPCW, I don't think.... Have a set of TSX projectors I need to retro into my Depos, be the ultimate way. And you could retrofit some good halos in as well.

OP
OP
electro

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks!!!

I recall a discussion in the past on TYF regarding this similar subject. I think DEPO was well rated in the past also.

DEPO then would be my best choice for functionality which is too me most important. Unfortunately not my top choice for sex appeal.

It sounds like you think I should go retro for for looks and functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Personally think Depos are pretty dam good looking compared to most. Clean, clear lenses, nice bezels, chrome is great, not a bunch of extra lights, quality projectors that can be removed. Which for me, was the main reason I got them. Easy to modify the projectors with washer, z-tail, cutoff, color mods ect.. and do a true HID projector retro. Like I said, I have a set of TSX projectors I'm gona retro in, and having a removable projector will make it that much easier.

Of the 3-4 sets of projectors I've used. The Depos have produced the best light output, out of the box. With halogen or HID. Doing a retrofit will be the best route, if going for HID. And if retroing in halos, can get better and longer lasting ones. If that's your thing, not always a fan.

But if you don't like the looks of Depos, and are planning on doing a retrofit. Might as well get the headlights you think look the best. Cause you're gonna switch out projectors anyways. So better light output, out of the box as Depos are. Is a moot point.

OP
OP
electro

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally think Depos are pretty dam good looking compared to most. Clean, clear lenses, nice bezels, chrome is great, not a bunch of extra lights, quality projectors that can be removed. Which for me, was the main reason I got them. Easy to modify the projectors with washer, z-tail, cutoff, color mods ect.. and do a true HID projector retro. Like I said, I have a set of TSX projectors I'm gona retro in, and having a removable projector will make it that much easier.

Of the 3-4 sets of projectors I've used. The Depos have produced the best light output, out of the box. With halogen or HID. Doing a retrofit will be the best route, if going for HID. And if retroing in halos, can get better and longer lasting ones. If that's your thing, not always a fan.

But if you don't like the looks of Depos, and are planning on doing a retrofit. Might as well get the headlights you think look the best. Cause you're gonna switch out projectors anyways. So better light output, out of the box as Depos are. Is a moot point.

Yes, I agree with everything you said.

I'm leaning to ward my fav looking set and then retro projectors in.

I had the depos on the truck and they are nice light and decent looking. However to ME there are better looking housings.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

How much you want to spend?

These are DOT certified assemblies for NBS trucks: http://starrhid.com/component/virtu...age=flypage.tpl&product_id=210&category_id=49

Not sure what projectors they use, but the upshot is that they are 100% legal.

Not entirely sure how much I want to spend, Maybe 300-400.

Thanks for the link I will check it out..

Cheers.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
edit

Last edited: