Here’s a Good Reason To Get Those RPMs Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read the link, but I have to say, the guy almost lost me in the first line. To keep my car ticking? That is just what I don’t want, ticking sounds. :)

Then he quotes Colin Chapman on the virtues of lightness. Yeah, he built his race cars so light they broke at highly loaded times, killing his best drivers.

As a car tips article, I think that was just OK. Got to go wash my car today though, a local car wash has a double undercarriage wash, that one I do agree with. ;)

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I read the link, but I have to say, the guy almost lost me in the first line. To keep my car ticking? That is just what I don’t want, ticking sounds. :)

Then he quotes Colin Chapman on the virtues of lightness. Yeah, he built his race cars so light they broke at highly loaded times, killing his best drivers.

As a car tips article, I think that was just OK. Got to go wash my car today though, a local car wash has a double undercarriage wash, that one I do agree with. ;)

I actually didn’t read the whole article...just skimmed it till I got to the part I wanted to reference as backup to my post. :)

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Can I use you as a reference at my next law enforcement encounter? :D

I have tried other technical arguments such as oversized tires or gear changes and it leaves them unimpressed.

Funny enough, I thought about this while making the original post and I think this might just work! I bet they’ve never heard this one before thereby leaving them chuckling to themselves.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Didn't realize they put 3.42s in the Z71s, they should have been mandatory 3.73s with 4.10 as another option. IMO

I was surprised myself when I got it. I knew it had the RPO code for the 3.42 gear, GU6, but I knew that if I ever had a gear problem, front or rear, the 3.73 gear was going back in. MPG be damned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted