Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khaled

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello everyone, I have a 1995 chevrollet tahoe 2door, Its my daily drive, my friend just informed me that he have a flowmaster muffler that he doesn't need. So the question is should I take it for my car and is it good for a normal daily drive considering that my tahoe dont have any updates on the engine.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
changing out the muffler will not hurt a stock motor. the biggest thing u want to think about (assuming you made sure it was the correct muffler for your exhaust) is do u want to listen to the drone of a flowmaster on your daily driver

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can he tell you what series flowmaster muffler it is? They aren't all the same.
A flowmaster 40 will give you a nice sound but may be annoying on the highway. If its a flowmaster 50 it will be quieter but still have a nice grumble and wont be annoying on the highway. Lastly as im no chevy guru we can wait for sunlit to comment for that. Some tahoes had a dual in single out muffler make sure its actually going to fit first. Or you may end up spending the cost on parts to have just boughy the right muffler the first time.

OP
OP
Khaled

Khaled

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
changing out the muffler will not hurt a stock motor. the biggest thing u want to think about (assuming you made sure it was the correct muffler for your exhaust) is do u want to listen to the drone of a flowmaster on your daily driver
Thanks my friend
But I'm already used to the noise because my car now is running without the last muffler in the exhaust

Last edited:
OP
OP
Khaled

Khaled

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can he tell you what series flowmaster muffler it is? They aren't all the same.
A flowmaster 40 will give you a nice sound but may be annoying on the highway. If its a flowmaster 50 it will be quieter but still have a nice grumble and wont be annoying on the highway. Lastly as im no chevy guru we can wait for sunlit to comment for that. Some tahoes had a dual in single out muffler make sure its actually going to fit first. Or you may end up spending the cost on parts to have just boughy the right muffler the first time.
Thanks bro,, I'll try to get some photos of the muffler and I'll see what series it is... I still have the factory exhaust.... I think the muffler is about 2.5 or 3 inches. My friend told me that it should fits on the tahoe. Any way I'll make sure to post some pics of it soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk