help with trans rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgarking69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys just recently my trans started slipping in 1st gear i wanna rebuild it before the problem gets worse i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what brands places to get parts its an 03 gmc yukon 5.3 flex fuel 4l60e the truck is mostly a dd bt i wanna get some firmer shifts and maybe a little more of a launch i will be doin a trans go shift kit, 2,400 stall, upgrade servo, and synthetic oil. if anyone has some suggestions advice anything that helps so i can try and do this rigth.

gitrduun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
read my signature . i have that stuff in mine and its like night and day. the shifts are way firmer and quicker. there is no "bounce" on the downshifts anymore. and this build can handle up to 500 horsepower

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it come with instructions?? (I'm being serious, I've heard that rebuilding a transmission is something left only to a professional)

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Guy has a pretty solid write up.

The product page also has a video of the episode of Extreme 4x4 when they rebuilt one.

Google 4L60E Rebuild Guide and you will find plenty of info to guide you along the way.

gitrduun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
monster in a box ... hahaha thats a funny name i like it

OP
OP
E

edgarking69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
has anyone ever tried that kit just curious on how good it is. also would it be cheaper to buy individual parts or is this a good kit for the price.

gitrdunn where did u buy all ur parts from and what was the total cost on just parts

thanks for all the help guys

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

another question i have is i also wanna put in a new tq i was looking at a 2400 tci tq is this too much for just a dd, only upgrades i have are cai and exhaust looking at getting tuned later on. it is a 4wheel drive and i have it on 33s at stock height if that helps

The 'ER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a trans from these guys for my Mustang and I can tell you after talking to the owner and the sales guy they convinced me and I bought their trans... What a difference. They use only the best and I would use what they use. I found an article by a guy who is called the tranny killer with his old crawler blazer and he is the one who really sold me on it. I would look at what they got even for a completely rebuild trans. GL

http://www.gearstar.net/transmissions/details.php?catunid=8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dj Syiah

Latest posts